Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Stop All The Clocks ....

Even the skies were weeping today - taken in my garden late this afternoon ...

"Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone.
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone.
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum,
Bring out the coffin... let the mourners come.
Let aeroplanes circle, moaning overhead,
Scribbling on the sky the message:

He is Dead."

W H Auden


In Loving Memory of Heath Andrew Ledger
(4th Apr 1979 - 22nd Jan 2008)


You are already sorely missed.
Peace.

4 comments:

R.J. Keller said...

I can't think of anything to say except: This is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I thought about these lines but could not recall them. Thank you for posting them, along with that poignant and lovely picture.

Unknown said...

What a perfect poem and photo to remember him by. I miss him and what he represented to all of us so much.

Elleann, I wanted to come to your blog to thank you for all the comments you post to mine. They mean a lot to me. May I add you to my blogroll.

Julie

Liane said...

Thanks Julie! I always find much to think about on your blog, it's a real pleasure to visit. I'd love to be added to your blogroll--this site is my 365 blog, but my 'real' blog - where I talk about my stuff etc - is here: www.blogghoti.blogspot.com

Thanks!