Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My new Sony Bravia 40" LCD TV should be arriving soon ....

There's a group I belong to called Freecycle - where people offer any stuff they no longer want for free (and you can also ask for stuff) and its a great, great concept. So, one of the members posted the following to the Cape Town group in the early hours of this morning (around 12:40am) :
OFFER: 42" Sony Bravia LCD TV. Brand new, 100% working condition, it just doesn't match my carpets. Collect in Claremont.

I didn't even think about what model it was, I just thought - wow, I SO need a new TV, ours is on it's last legs and we were just about to have DSTV installed! So I replied in a flash (you have to be quick for some of the stuff - it's usually first come, first served). Then I went to bed. And I lay there thinking ... 42"? Wow. LCD? Wow. I wonder what this thing looks like? So hopped out of bed and did a quick Google and nearly fell over when I saw the thing and realized it was valued at over R11,000.00 (about $1500.00)


Slowly, it dawned on me .... April 1st!! :-) Duh!

No comments: